Lodging & Food - Mount Washington Valley
Lodging and food suggestions for those climbing, hiking, and skiing with Synnott Mountain Guides in New Hampshire.
The Mount Washington Valley is a destination for visitors during all four seasons, so many lodging options exist. While your guide may suggest a different meeting place, most of our programs meet at our office in Intervale, New Hampshire. We are just north of North Conway village, so you might take these directions into account when choosing a place to stay:
The Synnott Mountain Guides office GPS address is 279 NH-16 Intervale NH 03845. We're located towards the back of the Ragged Mountain Equipment building.
- North Conway Grand Hotel - North Conway
Most of the standard chain hotels are available in the area (Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, etc.) and more are being built. However, if you’re more inclined toward locally-owned establishments, here are a few suggestions:
- AMC's Joe Dodge Lodge - Pinkham Notch
- White Trellis Motel - North Conway
- The Colonial Motel - North Conway
- Briarcliff Motel - North Conway
- North Colony Motel - Bartlett
- Wildcat Inn & Tavern - Jackson
- Buttonwood Inn - North Conway
- Spruce Moose Lodge & Cottages - North Conway
- Cranmore Mountain Lodge - North Conway (For a discount, enter the voucher code "SYNNOTTGUIDES" upon booking online.)
The establishments in the list above are suggestions and not specific recommendations, please use your judgement and do research (reviews, etc.) to find the best fit for you. Feel free to contact us if you have a recommendation.
Camping & Cabins
- The link above will bring you to camping and cabin information for the White Mountain National Forest. The only "local" campground open in the winter is Barnes Field. Barnes Field is close to Wildcat Mountain ski area and Pinkham Notch, but almost 30 minutes to the Synnott Mountain Guides office at Ragged Mountain Equipment in Intervale, NH.
- Backcountry camping is allowed on the White Mountain National Forest, see regulations on the website. The end of Town Hall Road in Intervale, NH has good access to the National Forest.