Lodging & Food - Mount Washington Valley
Lodging and food suggestions for those climbing, hiking, and skiing with Synnott Mountain Guides in New Hampshire.
The Mount Washington Valley is a destination for visitors during all four seasons, so many lodging options exist. While your guide may suggest a different meeting place, most of our programs meet at our office in Intervale, New Hampshire. We are just north of North Conway village, so you might take these directions into account when choosing a place to stay:
The Synnott Mountain Guides office GPS address is 279 NH-16 Intervale NH 03845. We're located towards the back of the Ragged Mountain Equipment building.
Most of the standard chain hotels are available in the area (Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, etc.) and more are being built. However, if you’re more inclined toward locally-owned establishments, here are a few suggestions:
- AMC's Joe Dodge Lodge - Pinkham Notch
- White Mountains Hostel - Conway
- White Trellis Motel - North Conway
- The Colonial Motel - North Conway
- Swiss Chalets Village Inn - Intervale
- Briarcliff Motel - North Conway
- North Colony Motel - Bartlett
- Nereledge Inn - North Conway
- Wildcat Inn & Tavern - Jackson
- Buttonwood Inn - North Conway
- Spruce Moose Lodge & Cottages - North Conway
The establishments in the list above are suggestions and not specific recommendations, please use your judgement and do research (reviews, etc.) to find the best fit for you. Feel free to contact us if you have a recommendation.
Trivago (a large search site that you can use to find options based on location and price)
Camping & Cabins
- The link above will bring you to camping and cabin information for the White Mountain National Forest. The only "local" campground open in the winter is Barnes Field. Barnes Field is close to Wildcat Mountain ski area and Pinkham Notch, but almost 30 minutes to the Synnott Mountain Guides office at Ragged Mountain Equipment in Intervale, NH.
- Backcountry camping is allowed on the White Mountain National Forest, see regulations on the website. The end of Town Hall Road in Intervale, NH has good access to the National Forest.
Food & Coffee
Hannaford - North Conway (supermarket)
Shaws - North Conway (supermarket)
Grant's - Glen (small/medium market...has the basics)
The Local Grocer - North Conway (small organic/natural market...breakfast and lunch...great local place)
A biased and select list of places to eat:
Moat Mountain Smoke House & Brewing Co. - North Conway (good varied food and beer)
Flatbread - North Conway (good pizza)
The Local Grocer - North Conway (breakfast and lunch, coffee/espresso)
Delaney's - North Conway (variety of food choices plus Sushi)
Bangkok Cafe - North Conway (small Thai place next to IME)
Taste of Thai - North Conway (further down the strip in North Conway, but often has seats available when other restaurants are crowded)
Shalimar - North Conway (good Indian food, often has seats available when other restaurants are crowded)
Bagels Plus - North Conway
The Sunrise Shack - Glen
White Mountain Cider Co. - Bartlett (great food, reservations often required)
J-Town Deli & Market - Jackson (good breakfast and lunch, coffee, limited selection of groceries)
We get it...you're traveling and want to know where the BEST coffee is, we'll help:
Frontside Grind - North Conway (great coffee & espresso, breakfast & lunch too)